T.V. is DYING! ... or is it?

I think it's dying. Yeah, it is. If you think about it, not a lot of people use it anymore, not even kids. Most kids just go to YouTube and watch their favourite YouTuber. I don't really watch TV since whatever I need to watch could be watched somewhere else. Netflix, for example. If I wanted to watch a show, I could easily go to Netflix and even watch more of the same show if I wanted to. One reason why I think it's dying is because TV can't be placed anywhere you want to, it isn't portable. If I ever lose my TV, it wouldn't really affect me that much.

I would only turn my TV on just so there's sound in the room, because I'm bored, to find out if my favourite team won last night, or just so I would find out if it's sunny today. Other than that, I would go on the computer or my phone and watch YouTube videos. Some people may disagree to this since they still have something to watch and still finds TV a suitable way of watching a show. I could see why since a majority of older generations don't prefer to use the computer to watch something and they got used to using the TV. To them, everything they need is on the TV such as CP24 to watch news from, SportsCentre to watch sports from, and for the kids, there's YTV. Some people want to watch something different, I mean, I don't think you can watch the content you see on YouTube on TV but you can find the things you want to watch on Shomi or Netflix.

                                                                           
                                                     http://imgarcade.com/1/nothing-on-tv/

Being able to choose what you want to watch does sound good, but not everything you want to watch will be there. Netflix sometimes doesn't have the latest episodes. You may have to wait a month or so which kind of sucks. I wanted to watch The Walking Dead but the episodes I wanted to watch (a.k.a. the latest episodes) weren't there yet, so that was one thing that the TV had and other streaming programs didn't. But, TV isn't great either. Once you've missed the show you wanted to watch, you'll have to wait until they actually replay it, or find it on Netflix, so it's why I'd much rather prefer that than TV. TV, you better step up yo game.

Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment